If you love winter this is the place for you. Averaging more than 200 inches of snow a year, the Lake Gogebic area knows how to turn snow into fun and excitement! Between the hundreds of miles of
snowmobiling trails, six ski resorts, miles of natural rolling cross-country ski trails, and ice fishing, there is something for everyone.
Ontonagon and Gogebic Counties are a snowmobiler’s paradise, including more than six million acres of state and federal lands along with hundreds of miles of privately owned trails.
The Lake Gogebic area offers a unique experience for both the most avid skier and those strapping the skis on for the first time. Enjoy the areas 6 downhill ski hills located within 45 miles from Cool Water or take a long windy cruise through the woods on the scenic cross-country trails. Your skiing adventure starts here!
- Big Powderhorn Mountain approx. 32 Miles
- Blackjack Ski Resort approx. 27 Miles
- Indianhead Mountain approx. 24 Miles
- Porcupine Mountains approx. 31 Miles
- Whitecap Mountains approx. 45 Miles
- Mount Zion approx. 32 Miles
- Bergland Nordic Ski Trials, Hwy M-64 Bergland, MI (906) 884-2411 Groomed
- Porcupine Mountain Nordic Ski Trails, U.S. Hwy M-107, Ontonagon, MI (906) 885-5209 Groomed
- Lake Gogebic State Park, Hwy M-64 (906) 842-3341
- Copper Peak approx. 38 Miles
Lake Gogebic ice fishing is the perfect lake to catch perch and walleye.